This salad offers up contrasting flavors and textures: tender couscous, creamy beans, juicy tomatoes and crisp, sweet bell peppers, all tossed with a simple lemon-dill dressing.Meal Plan: Serve over a bed of fresh romaine lettuce with a baguette that’s been warmed in the oven or on the grill.
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 16-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large stalk celery, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped green olives
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 scallions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
- 2 to 4 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh dill
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
Bring 2 cups water to a boil. In medium bowl, add couscous. Pour boiling water over couscous; cover and let stand 15 minutes, then fluff with fork.
Allow couscous to cool to room temperature, then combine with remaining ingredients and toss to mix. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and toss again. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Calories: 269
- Carbohydrate Content: 45 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 320 mg