Garden Couscous and Black Bean Salad
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 2 cups cooked black beans or 16-oz. can, drained and rinsed
- 1 large stalk celery, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped green olives
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh dill
- 2 green onions (white and pale green parts), thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
Pour couscous in medium heat-proof bowl. Bring 2 cups water to a boil and pour over couscous. Cover and let stand 15 minutes, then fluff with fork and allow to cool to room temperature.
Transfer couscous to large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss to mix. Serve at room temperature, or cover, refrigerate and serve chilled.
- Calories 219
- Carbohydrate Content 39 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 658 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g