Greek salad toppings of tomatoes, cucumbers and feta turn pitas into “pitzas.” Draining the diced tomatoes keeps the crust from getting too soggy.
- 2 large tomatoes, diced (about 1 3/4 lbs.)
- 4 whole-wheat pita pockets, separated into 8 rounds
- 3 Tbs. low-fat Italian dressing
- 1/2 medium cucumber, cut into 1/3-inch dice (about 1 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/4 cup crumbed feta cheese (5 oz.)
Place tomatoes in colander, and drain 15 minutes. Lightly brush one side of each pita with dressing. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pita, oiled side down, and cook 1 minute, or until lightly toasted. Repeat with remaining pitas. Toss cucumbers with remaining dressing, and set aside.
Preheat broiler. Transfer pitas, toasted side down, to baking sheet. Arrange tomatoes over each pita, and top with feta. Broil 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through and feta begins to brown. Top with cucumbers, and serve.
- Calories: 293
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Cholesterol Content: 42 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 854 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g