Think a tossed salad has to be served with a bowl and fork? Think again. Finely chopped veggies fit perfectly in the centers of scooped-out cucumber slices.
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium zucchini, finely diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes (about 4 oz.)
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 6 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup light prepared balsamic dressing
- 1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 tsp.)
- 3 cucumbers, cut into 1-inch disks
Toss bell pepper, zucchini, tomatoes, basil, carrot, 4 Tbs. Parmesan cheese, dressing and garlic in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and refrigerate until ready to fill cucumber cups.
Scoop out about 1 Tbs. from center of each cucumber disk with melon baller, leaving sides and bottom intact. Fill with about 1 Tbs. salad filling, and top with remaining cheese. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 11
- Carbohydrate Content: 2 g
- Cholesterol Content: 1 mg
- Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 35 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g