Pop this fragrant favorite into the oven when you uncover the lasagna, and everything will be ready at the same time.
- 1 baguette, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (2 Tbs.)
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lay baguette, cut-sides up, on sheet of aluminum foil several inches longer than bread.
2. Heat olive oil in small saucepan on low heat. Add garlic, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until light golden. Stir in parsley and salt, and remove from heat.
3. Brush garlic mixture on both halves of bread with pastry brush. Press baguette halves back together, and wrap with foil. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until warm and fragrant. Cut crosswise with serrated knife into 8 thick pieces. Serve hot.
- Calories: 154
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 242 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g