“I didn’t used to like kale, but after learning about its health benefits, I decided to create a way to like it,” says Elisabeth Redman, a Czech expat and food blogger (czechvegan.blogspot.com). “I like to refrigerate the salad before eating it so the flavors can fully develop, but sometimes I cannot wait and eat it freshly made!”
- 1/4 cup Once Again organic tahini
- 2 Tbs. Bob’s Red Mill nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1 12-oz. bunch lacinato or red kale, stems removed, leaves torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 pkg. Gardein mandarin orange Crispy Chick’n
1. Whisk tahini with 5 Tbs. water in small bowl until smooth. Stir in nutritional yeast and garlic.
2. Place kale in large bowl, and rub in tahini dressing until each leaf is coated. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Chill 1 hour, or overnight.
3. Prepare Crispy Chick’n according to package directions. Serve over kale.
- Calories: 261
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 292 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g