For an extra kick of flavor, sprinkle this spicy-smoky dish with quartered Kalamata olives.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 16 oz. cherry, tear drop, or grape tomatoes (about 3 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 8 oz. gemelli
- 1 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese, optional
Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large non-stick skillet over high heat. Add tomatoes, and cook 10 minutes, or until tomatoes blister in spots, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining 1 Tbs. oil, garlic, paprika, and red pepper flakes. Fold in parsley and marjoram, then chickpeas. Remove from heat.
Meanwhile, cook gemelli in large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup cooking liquid.
Add gemelli to tomato-chickpea mixture in skillet, and toss to coat. Mix in enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and serve sprinkled with feta (if using).
- Calories: 393
- Carbohydrate Content: 64 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 248 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g