This pudding commemorates George Washington and his cherry tree, with layers of cherry flavorings throughout. It comes together quickly and may be served warm or chilled.
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking couscous
- 1 14-oz. pkg. lite silken soft tofu, drained
- 1 Tbs. honey or agave syrup
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract, or more to taste
- 2 3-oz. pkg. dried tart cherries
- 1 8-oz. container nonfat cherry yogurt
- 4 Tbs. cherry preserves
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
Cook couscous according to package directions. Set aside.
Put tofu into mixing bowl, and, using electric beater, whip until smooth. Stir in honey, sugar and vanilla extract; mix until well blended. Stir in cherries and couscous.
Pour mixture into decorative serving bowl. Spread yogurt over top, and garnish with dollops of cherry preserves. Sprinkle almonds on top, and serve.
- Calories: 330
- Carbohydrate Content: 65 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Sodium Content: 75 mg
- Sugar Content: 38 g