Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
If you like extra ginger zing, fold 1/2 cup finely diced candied ginger into the batter for these tender muffins.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 15 muffin pan cups with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together flours, ginger, lemon zest, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in bowl.
3. Whisk together eggs and oil in separate bowl. Whisk in sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Whisk in milk.
4. Stir flour mixture into egg mixture until no lumps remain. Stir in pears.
5. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of 1 muffin comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Unmold onto wire rack.
- Calories 185
- Carbohydrate Content 31 g
- Cholesterol Content 29 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 202 mg
- Sugar Content 17 g