- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 cups boiling vegetable broth
- 1 13.75-oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 1/4 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tsp. granulated onion
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
1. Rinse quinoa several times in wire mesh colander, until water runs clear. Set aside.
2. Spray large saucepan with nonstick vegetable spray, and place over medium heat for 1 minute. Add garlic, ginger and bell pepper. Sauté 3 minutes, add quinoa, and cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add broth, artichokes, peas, onion and thyme. Reduce heat to low, and cook 25 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Calories: 159
- Carbohydrate Content: 30 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 156 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g