Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Tofu soaks up the flavors of sesame, tamari, ginger and garlic in this recipe, and provides a hearty complement to the mushrooms and asparagus.
1. Combine tamari, vinegar, sesame oil and sugar in mixing bowl, and stir until well blended. Set aside.
2. Heat 1 Tbs. canola oil in large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu, and stir-fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove tofu from pan; set aside.
3. Heat remaining 1 Tbs. canola oil in same pan. Add asparagus and shiitakes, and stir-fry until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger, and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add reserved tofu and sauce; toss well and heat through. Garnish with sesame seeds, and serve.
- Calories 330
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 22 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 570 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g