30 minutes or lessThis slaw is at its most crunchy when freshly made. Look for hoisin sauce and rice vinegar in the Asian section of large supermarkets. Meal Plan: Serve this filling salad with Asian-flavored baked tofu.
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 11-oz. can mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 small head green cabbage, shredded, rinsed and drained (about 1 lb.; yield 4 cups)
- 16-oz. bag shredded broccoli slaw
- 4 scallions (white and light green parts),thinly sliced
- 20 frozen vegetable potstickers, cooked according to directions
In blender or food processor, combine hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, mandarin oranges, ginger and garlic and process until well blended. Set dressing aside until ready to use.
In large bowl, combine cabbage, broccoli slaw and scallions. Add dressing as desired and toss to coat.
Add potstickers, gently tossing to blend flavors. Serve hot.
- Calories: 163
- Carbohydrate Content: 29 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 789 mg