- Olive oil
- Large carrots (1 lb. ), cut into matchsticks
- Grated fresh ginger
- 28-oz can whole peeled tomatoes, crushed well by hand
- loosely packed fresh basil leaves, divided
1. Heat oil in Dutch oven on medium-high. Add carrots, and season with salt, if desired. Cook 5 minutes, stirring once or twice, or until carrots are crisp-tender and lightly browned.
2. Stir in ginger, then tomatoes and 3 large basil leaves. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until carrots are fork-tender. Stir in remaining basil leaves.
- Serving Size: Per 3/4-cup serving
- Calories: 143
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 493 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g