Fresh ginger and simple syrup bring tomato sorbet over to the sweet side.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup grated fresh ginger
- 2 lb. ripe tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, quartered or halved
1. Bring sugar and 1 cup water to a boil in saucepan. Boil 1 minute. Add ginger, and remove from heat.
2. Purée tomatoes in food processor until liquefied. Stir into ginger syrup; chill.
3. Strain tomato mixture through fine-meshed sieve to remove seeds and skins. (You should have about 4 cups.)
4. Churn in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions. Transfer to 1-quart container, and freeze.
- Calories: 117
- Carbohydrate Content: 29 g
- Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 6 mg
- Sugar Content: 28 g