Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Pasta e ceci is similar to the better-known pasta e fagioli, but uses chickpeas instead of white beans. We’ve made this one gluten-free by opting for a brown rice-based pasta made by Jovial Foods, though you could use any pasta you prefer. As always, we recommend seeking out vegetarian parm; omit it or swap for dairy-free to make the dish vegan.
Gluten-Free Pasta e Ceci
- Heat oil in large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and rosemary sprigs, and sauté 5–7 minutes, or until onion has softened.
- Add garlic, and sauté 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, and season with salt, if desired. Sauté 3–5 minutes. Remove rosemary sprigs.
- Add chickpeas, and slightly mash with fork or potato masher to thicken soup. Add broth, and bring to a boil. Add pasta, and cook 1 minute less than package directions suggest.
- Season soup with salt, if desired, and pepper. Garnish each serving with 1 Tbs. Parmesan and 1 tsp. basil.
- Calories 360
- Carbohydrate Content 57 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 500 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g