Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Organic pears shine in this not-too-sweet pear clafouti. It’s great for dessert or as a lovely breakfast treat. We used grain-free almond flour here, but you can easily swap it out for regular flour or another gluten-free flour of your choice.
Gluten-Free Pear Clafouti
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly butter 9-inch, deep-dish glass pie pan.
- Blend milks, eggs, agave nectar, and vanilla and almond extracts in blender until smooth. Add flour, and pulse to mix. Set aside.
- Fan five pear halves in pie pan, stem ends pointing toward center of pan.
- Pour batter over pears. Place pie pan on baking sheet, and bake 55–60 minutes, until the clafouti is puffed and slightly browned. Cool, and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Calories 180
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 95 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 60 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g