Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Because this dough is very soft, it’s spread in a lightly greased pan before it rises rather than after. The crust will shrink as it cooks, so be sure to spread the dough all the way to the edges of the pan. A par-baked pizza crust will keep for up to two days in the fridge and up to three months in the freezer.
1. Stir yeast, flaxseed meal, and sugar into 2 cups warm water. Let stand 10 minutes, or until liquid is cloudy.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together tapioca starch, rice flours, xanthan gum, and salt in large bowl. Stir yeast mixture into flour mixture until soft dough begins to form, then stir in oil.
3. Coat two 13-inch round pizza pans or one 18- x 13-inch baking sheet with oil. Divide dough between round pans or scoop into baking sheet, and coat hands with oil. Gently press and shape dough by hand to fit prepared pan(s). Set dough aside in warm place to rise 1 1/2 hours. (You won’t see much, but the yeast will be working.)
4. Preheat oven to 425°F. Par-bake pizza crusts 15 to 20 minutes, or until just golden brown. Add preferred toppings, return to oven, and bake 5 to 7 minutes more, or until cheeses begin to melt and/or toppings brown.
- Calories 198
- Carbohydrate Content 35 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 2 mg
- Sugar Content 0.5 g