Prepared gnocchi, sun-dried tomatoes, and pesto make a quick, comforting Italian-style soup. No gnocchi on hand? Replace it with 1 1/2 cups peeled, cubed potatoes added with the lentils in step 1. Choose a vegan pesto to make the soup vegan.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped (2 cups)
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup French lentils
- 4 cups chopped escarole
- 11/2 cups prepared potato gnocchi (8 oz.)
- 6 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 Tbs. prepared basil pesto
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook 5 minutes. Add broth, 3 cups water, and lentils, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 10 minutes, or until lentils are almost tender.
2. Add escarole, gnocchi, and sun-dried tomatoes; cover, and cook 5 minutes more, or until gnocchi are cooked through and escarole has wilted. Remove from heat, and stir in pesto.
- Calories: 368
- Carbohydrate Content: 62 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 476 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g