Add protein and color to chewy, starchy gnocchi with chickpeas and bright, crisp broccoli raab.
- 8 oz. (1/2 pkg.) gnocchi, such as Gia Russa
- 8 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and quartered, 2 Tbs. oil reserved
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch broccoli raab, stems trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces (4 cups)
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1. Cook gnocchi in large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water, and set aside.
2. Heat reserved sun-dried tomato oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until beginning to brown. Increase heat to high, and stir in broccoli raab. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until broccoli raab begins to wilt. Add sun-dried tomatoes, cooked gnocchi, and chickpeas, and cook 2 to 3 minutes more, or until some gnocchi begin to brown. Stir in reserved cooking water, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Calories: 298
- Carbohydrate Content: 43 g
- Cholesterol Content: 4 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 614 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g