Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
For a pretty presentation, reserve a few asparagus tips to steam and use as a garnish for this quick supper dish. Fresh out of asparagus? Substitute broccoli florets—they’re also rich in folic acid.
1. Coat 4 ramekins or a 9-inch-square baking pan with cooking spray. Toss asparagus in oil in bowl, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Place ramekins in oven, and preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Meanwhile, place shallots and garlic in bowl of food processor, and process until finely minced. Add goat cheese, and process until creamy; then add eggs and egg whites, and purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Pour egg mixture over asparagus in ramekins once oven is preheated, stirring to evenly distribute vegetables. Bake 15 minutes, or until tops are light brown and tester inserted in centers comes out clean. Garnish with asparagus tips, if using.
- Calories 186
- Carbohydrate Content 6 g
- Cholesterol Content 122 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 244 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g