Blue cheese dips are yummy, but they’re not always the prettiest things to serve. Here, roasted and grated golden beets add a burst of color and texture. Serve with your favorite crudités.
- 1 medium golden beet, scrubbed
- 4 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz. blue cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. Tabasco sauce or other hot sauce
- 2 Tbs. low-fat milk
- 2 green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Wrap beet in foil, and roast in oven 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until knife can easily be inserted into center. Cool, then peel and grate beet.
3. Combine cream cheese, blue cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and Tabasco sauce in medium bowl; whisk or beat with electric mixer until smooth. Beat in milk until mixture is smooth and creamy. Fold in grated beet, green onions, and garlic, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Calories: 25
- Carbohydrate Content: 0.5 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 62 mg
- Sugar Content: 0.5 g