Plump Good Mother Stallard beans look a little like cranberry beans, but Good Mother Stallards’ rounder, oval shape give them an intriguing texture.
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbs. drained capers
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1 large red onion, chopped (2 cups)
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 sweet potato, finely diced (2 cups)
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups cooked Good Mother Stallard beans
- 4 large eggs
1 | Combine parsley, 1 Tbs. oil, capers, lemon juice, and garlic in small bowl.
2 | Heat remaining 1 Tbs. oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and paprika; sauté 5 minutes. Add sweet potato and broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in beans, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Keep warm.
3 | Poach eggs 4 minutes in large skillet filled with several inches of simmering water, spooning hot water over yolks.
4 | Spoon 1 cup sweet potato mixture into bowl, and top with poached egg. Garnish with 2 Tbs. parsley mixture.
- Calories: 383
- Carbohydrate Content: 46 g
- Cholesterol Content: 185 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 365 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g