30 minutes or fewer
This dish may sound Mexican, but pairing wild mushrooms and Gorgonzola cheese turns a south-of-the-border specialty into a contemporary American offering. Using a bit of sherry to sauté the mushrooms highlights their delicate flavor.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 8 oz. wild mushroom mix or shiitake mushrooms, cleaned, stemmed and sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 Tbs. sherry
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 6 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat, and sauté mushrooms 5 minutes, or until tender. Add bell pepper and sherry, and season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 4 to 5 minutes more, or until liquid evaporates. Remove from heat.
Combine cheeses in small bowl. Sprinkle bottom half of each tortilla with 1/4 cup cheese mixture. Top with mushroom mixture, and fold in half.
Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Cook quesadillas 2 minutes, or until bottoms are golden. Flip and cook second side 2 minutes more, or until browned and cheeses are melted. Serve hot.
- Calories: 273
- Carbohydrate Content: 26 g
- Cholesterol Content: 8 mg
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 362 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g