The beauty of using grape tomatoes is that they don’t leach too much liquid into the frittata batter.
- Prep Time
- 10 large eggs
- 1 tsp. prepared horseradish, plus more for dolloping
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 3/4
- 1 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
1. Set oven rack in top third of oven; preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Whisk together eggs, Parmesan, and horseradish in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Set aside.
3. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add collard greens and 1 Tbs. water, and season with salt, if desired. Sauté 2 minutes, or until greens are just wilted. Add 1 ¼ cups tomatoes and cook 3 minutes, or until flesh begins to break down a little, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium, and add remaining 1 Tbs. oil to skillet. Pour in eggs, drizzling over tomatoes and greens to coat evenly. Cook 2 minutes, shifting vegetables around so that egg coats bottom of pan and all vegetables lie flat and are at least halfway submerged by egg.
4. Sprinkle frittata with cheese, then scatter remaining ½ cup tomatoes cut-side up over top. Bake 8 minutes, or until top is just set and cheese is melted. Increase oven heat to broil, and broil 4 to 5 minutes, or until cheese begins to brown around edges and eggs are just starting to pull away from sides of the pan. Cool 2 minutes before garnishing with Parmesan, collard ribbons, and tomatoes.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 176
- Carbohydrate Content: 4 g
- Cholesterol Content: 242 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 199 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g