Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
The sour taste of yogurt brings out the underlying sweetness in grapefruit in this unusual dessert combination. If you cant find amaretti cookies, substitute any crisp almond-flavored cookie.
1. To make Almond Crunch: Preheat oven to 300°F. Spread almond slivers
on baking sheet, and toast 3 minutes. Add coconut to baking sheet, and bake
5 to 6 minutes more, or until coconut is lightly browned, tossing once or twice. Cool slightly, and toss with crumbled amaretti cookies.
2. To make Parfaits: whisk together yogurt and honey until honey dissolves into yogurt.
3. Spoon 2 heaping Tbs. grapefruit sections, then 2 heaping Tbs. yogurt mixture into bottoms of 6 parfait glasses. Sprinkle with 1 heaping Tbs. Almond Crunch. Repeat layering once more, finishing with layer of Almond Crunch. Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to 1 hour.
How to Supreme a Grapefruit
1. Trim ends all the way to juicy flesh.
2. Stand fruit upright, and remove peel and pith with knife, following curve of fruit from top to bottom. (A small, serrated paring knife works best.)
3. Holding fruit over a bowl, cut sections along membranes as if you were
slicing out a wedge, releasing them one by one.
4. Set supremes aside, and squeeze membrane “skeleton” over bowl to release any remaining juice.
- Calories 157
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 4 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 39 mg
- Sugar Content 18 g