This pie offers classic Greek flavors.
- 1 12- to 14-inch pizza crust
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 tsp. fresh minced oregano or 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 10 to 15 thinly sliced red onion rings, or to taste
- 11/2 cups shredded low-fat, regular or soy mozzarella
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, cored, seeds removed and diced into small pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped or sliced pitted black Greek kalamata olives
Preheat oven to 450F. Prebake fresh pizza crust, if using, for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool slightly.
Spread tomato sauce on pizza crust. Sprinkle pizza with oregano, arrange onion rings on sauce and top with mozzarella. Sprinkle feta cheese, tomatoes and olives over mozzarella cheese.
Bake for approximately 10 to 12 minutes, or until cheese melts. Remove from oven, and serve.
- Calories: 300
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Cholesterol Content: 25 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 910 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g