The longer the flavors in this salad have to develop at room temperature, the better it tastes.
- 2 Tbs. pine nuts
- 6 Tbs. chopped dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves (about 8 oz.)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 tsp.)
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese (about 2 oz.)
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
1. Toast pine nuts in skillet over medium heat 4 minutes, or until browned. Set aside.
2. Pour 1/2 cup boiling water over tomatoes in bowl. Let stand 30 minutes, then drain.
3. Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Add spinach and garlic, and cook 3 minutes, or until spinach wilts, turning often with tongs.
4. Combine rice, tomatoes, cheese, olives, oregano, chickpeas and spinach in serving bowl. Whisk together vinegar, olive oil and sugar in small bowl. Pour over rice mixture, and toss to combine. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Calories: 242
- Carbohydrate Content: 36 g
- Cholesterol Content: 3 mg
- Fat Content: 7.5 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Sodium Content: 365 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g