Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
The longer the flavors in this salad have to develop at room temperature, the better it tastes.
1. Toast pine nuts in skillet over medium heat 4 minutes, or until browned. Set aside.
2. Pour 1/2 cup boiling water over tomatoes in bowl. Let stand 30 minutes, then drain.
3. Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Add spinach and garlic, and cook 3 minutes, or until spinach wilts, turning often with tongs.
4. Combine rice, tomatoes, cheese, olives, oregano, chickpeas and spinach in serving bowl. Whisk together vinegar, olive oil and sugar in small bowl. Pour over rice mixture, and toss to combine. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Calories 242
- Carbohydrate Content 36 g
- Cholesterol Content 3 mg
- Fat Content 7.5 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 365 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g