This zesty stew tastes just as good _if made the day beforebut don't add the herbs or cheese (if using) until you've reheated it.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large baking potatoes (1 1/4 lbs.), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 16-oz. pkg. frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 4 oz. feta cheese, cut into chunks (1 cup; optional)
Meal plan: A fresh, crusty bread, such as sourdough, makes an excellent partner. To round out the meal, serve a big spinach salad with some chickpeas tossed in.
In large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
Stir in potatoes until well combined. Add 1/2 cup water. Bring to a simmer, then cover and cook until potatoes are halfway tender, about 10 minutes.
Stir in zucchini, green beans, tomatoes (with liquid) and oregano. Return to a simmer, cover and cook until vegetables are just tender, about 15 minutes.
Stir in parsley, dill, salt and pepper. Ladle stew into shallow bowls and sprinkle some feta over each serving if desired.
- Calories: 173
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 411 mg