Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
These pitas are wonderful served with a side dish of pasta, tossed with a little lemon-infused olive oil and garlic.
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Heat pitas in oven until warmed through.
2. In large nonstick wok or skillet, heat oil over high heat.
3. Add onion, and cook, stirring often, 3 minutes. Add bell peppers and garlic, and cook, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes. Add tomato, olives, and oregano. Continue to stir often, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Place warm pitas on individual plates. Divide vegetable mixture into equal portions, and place each inside pita pocket to make a sandwich. Sprinkle each sandwich with crumbled feta cheese, and serve hot. Alternatively, place peppers in baking dish, and sprinkle with feta. Microwave until cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Serve with or without pita bread.
- Calories 335
- Carbohydrate Content 68 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 586 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g