Try this Mediterranean-flavored chili over spaghetti, linguine, or rice.
- 2 15-oz. cans low-sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 14.5-oz. cans diced tomatoes with garlic and onions
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper, plus more to taste, optional
- 5 oz. fresh spinach leaves (8 cups)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Combine chickpeas, tomatoes, and cayenne in large saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 20 minutes.
2. Add spinach, and cook over medium heat 1 minute, or until spinach is wilted. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and add more cayenne, if using. Serve garnished with feta cheese.
- Calories: 333
- Carbohydrate Content: 52 g
- Cholesterol Content: 17 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 15 g
- Protein Content: 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 638 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g