A couple of cans placed in a saucepan are enough to weigh down these crispy sandwiches as they cook. Or use a countertop grill—a modern must-have for student apartment kitchens.
- 2 10-oz. pkgs. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 French or kaiser rolls, halved
- 2 jarred roasted red peppers, each cut into 3 strips
- 3/4 cup prepared hummus
Combine spinach and feta cheese in bowl. Spread 1/3 cup mixture over bottom half of each roll, and top each with red pepper strip. Spread hummus on top halves of rolls.
Heat skillet over medium-high heat, or preheat countertop grill. Spray sandwiches with cooking spray. Set 2 sandwiches in pan, and top with saucepan weighed down with 2 cans. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Or press 5 minutes total in countertop grill. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Calories: 284
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Cholesterol Content: 11 mg
- Fat Content: 8.5 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 826 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g