30 minutes or less To catch the drips, keep a paper towel in your hand as you eat. Batches of the white bean spread are also a terrific dip for specialty potato chips, celery or bread sticks. Make a half portion of the salad for 1 or 2 wraps, and save the extra white bean spread for dipping snacks. Adapted with permission from Rachael Ray 3 Minute Meals.
- 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 stems fresh rosemary, leaves stripped from stem and chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 firm vine-ripened tomatoes, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/4 seedless cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 medium-sized red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 lb. mixed greens
- 4 large pita breads, flour tortilla wraps or flavored wraps
- 1/4 lb. feta cheese, crumbled
Combine beans, rosemary, garlic, olive oil and black pepper in a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth.
Combine tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olives, parsley, greens and lemon juice in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt. Combine well.
Warm pitas or wraps in oven or on a griddle pan. Spread pitas with a generous dose of white bean hummus. Top with a layer of Greek salad mixture. Sprinkle with feta cheese, and roll. Wrap lower half of wraps with foil or waxed paper to keep them together while you eat your way down.
- Calories: 230
- Carbohydrate Content: 24 g
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 250 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g