For the best flavor, let beans marinate.
- 1 lb. green beans
- 1 lb. yellow wax beans
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic
- 1 Tbs. peeled and minced ginger
- 2 tsp. minced jalapeno or serrano chiles, or to taste
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbs. granulated sugar, or to taste
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
Bring 3 quarts lightly salted water to a boil over medium heat. Blanch beans separately until crisp-tender. Immediately plunge beans into ice water, drain and set aside. Whisk remaining ingredients together and toss beans with dressing to coat. Let marinate for 1 hour. Serve garnished with fried shallots, if desired.
For this recipe, a rich Cabernet, Merlot or Syrah would go nicely.
- Calories: 180
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 480 mg