Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
30 minutes or fewer
When making this salad for a picnic, undercook the green beans just a bit because the tamari and vinegar will continue to cook them as they travel. Pack the toasted almonds separately so they stay crunchy until serving time.
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spread almonds on baking sheet, and toast 10 minutes, or until browned and fragrant. Cool, then coarsely chop. Set aside.
2. Steam green beans 6 to 8 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Rinse under cold water, and drain. Pat dry with paper towels, and transfer to medium bowl.
3. Add walnut oil, tamari and vinegar to green beans, and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Just before serving, sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- Calories 130
- Carbohydrate Content 10 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 206 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g