The right combination of a few simple ingredients can taste truly spectacular. That’s the case with this summery salad. Feel free to use other types of fresh beans, and tomato wedges in place of the cherry tomatoes.
- 1 1/2 lb. green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tsp. capers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp.)
- 3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
Cook green beans in large pot of boiling salted water 4 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain well. Transfer to large bowl.
Add tomatoes, corn, oregano, capers and garlic to beans, and toss gently.
Whisk together lemon juice and oil. Add to bean mixture, and stir gently to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover, and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes to develop flavors. Serve.
- Calories: 107
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 138 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g