Frozen green beans and peas are simmered and then sautéed with a prepared Indian curry paste for a spicy dish that can be served on its own or with warmed naan bread or steamed rice.
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 Tbs. mild Indian curry paste, such as Patak’s
- 4 cups frozen green beans
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup coarsely chopped roasted unsalted cashews
1. Place raisins in measuring cup, and cover with enough boiling water to make 1 cup. Let stand 5 minutes. Drain, and reserve liquid.
2. Combine curry paste with 1/4 cup raisin-soaking liquid in large skillet. Cook 1 minute over medium-high heat, or until curry paste darkens and becomes fragrant.
3. Add green beans, raisins, and remaining raisin-soaking liquid; cover skillet, and cook 2 minutes. Add peas, stir to coat vegetables with liquid, cover, and cook 2 minutes more, or until peas are mostly defrosted. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and cook 3 to 4 minutes more, uncovered, or until skillet is dry and vegetables are bright green and tender. Serve sprinkled with cashews.
- Calories: 383
- Carbohydrate Content: 46 g
- Fat Content: 18 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 176 mg
- Sugar Content: 20 g