Take a cue from the French with this easy, elegant recipe for green beans garnished with meltingly tender shallots and crunchy, toasted almonds. You can blanch the beans up to a day ahead, then store them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve them.
- 1 1/2 lbs. fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 Tbs. salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sliced shallots
- 3 Tbs. toasted, sliced almonds
1 Blanch beans in large pot of boiling, salted water 4 to 6 minutes, or until bright green and just tender. Transfer to bowl of ice water to stop cooking, and drain once cold.
2 Melt butter in large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add shallots, and cook 4 minutes, or until golden, stirring frequently. Add beans; cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper, then toss with almonds.
- Serving Size: per 1/2-cup serving
- Calories: 133
- Carbohydrate Content: 14 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 56 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g