This cheesy springtime dip is perfect with any type of flat bread. We’ve made our own from toasted pitas, but feel free to substitute another crunchy favorite.
- 4 whole-wheat pita rounds, cut into wedges
- 3 Tbs. garlic olive oil, divided
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. fresh marjoram leaves
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 oz. goat cheese
Preheat oven to 375°F. Arrange pita wedges on baking sheet and brush with 2 Tbs. oil. Bake 15 minutes, or until chips are crisp.
Heat remaining oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add leeks, and cook 3 minutes. Stir in garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Add marjoram and broth, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 5 to 7 minutes. Add peas, and cook 1 minute more. Let cool slightly.
Place mixture in food processor, and blend until smooth. Crumble goat cheese over pea mixture and stir slightly, leaving streaks of cheese visible. Serve with pita chips.
- Calories: 187
- Carbohydrate Content: 25 g
- Cholesterol Content: 3 mg
- Fat Content: 7.5 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 233 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g