This versatile grain salad looks pretty in Bibb lettuce cups, but it can also go straight into a big bowl for a buffet.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. grated lime zest
- 2 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 avocado, finely diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup cooked fresh or thawed frozen peas
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, plus sprigs for garnish
1 | Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add quinoa, and boil, uncovered, 10 to 12 minutes, or until quinoa is tender and small “tails” appear. Drain in fine-meshed strainer, and return to pot to cool.
2 | Whisk together oil, lime juice, lime zest, maple syrup, garlic, and coriander. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Stir in cooled quinoa, avocado, peas, green onions, parsley, and cilantro. Garnish with parsley and cilantro sprigs.
- Calories: 375
- Carbohydrate Content: 41 g
- Fat Content: 20 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 86 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g