Make this your go-to salad for summer entertaining. Use red quinoa to play off the colors of the zucchini and bell peppers. The vegetables can be roasted under the broiler if you don’t have an outdoor grill.
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 2 medium-large green and/or gold zucchini, each sliced crosswise from top to bottom into 8 planks
- 4 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbs. coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves, plus some small whole leaves for garnish
- 2 tsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 Tbs. chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa
- 2 cups baby or small arugula leaves, plus a few leaves for garnish
- 3 oz. crumbled fresh goat cheese
1 | Preheat grill on high, place bell peppers directly on grate, close lid, and cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until bell peppers are blistered and blackened in most places, turning occasionally. Transfer bell peppers to bowl, cover with foil, and let stand 20 minutes. Peel bell peppers over colander set in bowl to catch any juices; discard seeds. Cut each bell pepper into 6 long, wide strips.
2 | Reduce grill heat to medium. Brush both sides of zucchini planks with 2 Tbs. oil, and season with salt, if desired. Grill zucchini 5 to 8 minutes, turning once. Transfer to plate, and cover loosely.
3 | Combine remaining 2 Tbs. oil, bell pepper juices, chopped basil, vinegar, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and garlic in small bowl to make dressing. Stir 1 Tbs. dressing into cooked quinoa. Toss arugula with 1 Tbs. dressing.
4 | Arrange arugula on serving plates. Sprinkle 2/3 cup quinoa and 2 oz. goat cheese over servings. Top each serving with 3 pieces zucchini and 2 pieces bell pepper arranged in spoke-wheel pattern. Spoon 1 Tbs. dressing over vegetables. Top with remaining quinoa, followed by remaining zucchini and bell pepper, and remaining goat cheese. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Garnish with whole arugula and basil leaves.
- Calories: 305
- Carbohydrate Content: 24 g
- Cholesterol Content: 10 mg
- Fat Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 177 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g