Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
For grilling, we prefer asparagus with thick stems, but the pencil-thin spears are perfectly acceptable.
1. Prepare medium-hot charcoal fire, or preheat gas grill (or broiler).
To make Vinaigrette:
2. Combine garlic, basil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in bowl. Slowly pour in olive oil, whisking until oil is fully incorporated.
To make Salad:
3. Divide lettuce among four plates, or arrange on large platter.
4. Brush asparagus with vinaigrette. Grill, turning occasionally, until asparagus is tender and grill-marked, about 8 minutes.
5. Arrange asparagus on lettuce. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Garnish with Parmesan, if using, and serve.
- Calories 100
- Carbohydrate Content 3 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 210 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g