Unlike most lettuces, firm hearts of romaine stand up beautifully to the heat of the grill as they develop smoky flavor. This is a knife-and-fork sandwich.
- 3 1/2 Tbs. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 Tbs. low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tsp. Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 tsp. vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese, plus 1 oz. for shaving into curls
- 1 1/2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 romaine hearts, each halved
- 4 large slices crusty Italian bread (1/2-inch thick)
- 1 clove garlic, halved
1. Brush grill grates with oil, and preheat grill to medium.
2. Whisk together yogurt, 1 Tbs. lemon juice, mayonnaise, 1 tsp. mustard, and Worcestershire sauce in bowl. Stir in 3 Tbs. Parmesan; season with pepper.
3. Whisk together olive oil, remaining 1 Tbs. lemon juice, and remaining 2 tsp. mustard in separate bowl. Brush oil mixture over romaine halves. Grill 6 minutes, turning once, or until brown around edges. Transfer to platter.
4. Grill bread 1 minute on each side. Rub garlic halves over toast slices. Spread yogurt mixture on toast slices, and top with grilled romaine halves. Shave Parmesan curls over top.
- Calories: 208
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Cholesterol Content: 10 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 487 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g