Unlike most lettuces, firm hearts of romaine stand up beautifully to the heat of the grill as they develop smoky flavor. This is a knife-and-fork sandwich.
1. Brush grill grates with oil, and preheat grill to medium.
2. Whisk together yogurt, 1 Tbs. lemon juice, mayonnaise, 1 tsp. mustard, and Worcestershire sauce in bowl. Stir in 3 Tbs. Parmesan; season with pepper.
3. Whisk together olive oil, remaining 1 Tbs. lemon juice, and remaining 2 tsp. mustard in separate bowl. Brush oil mixture over romaine halves. Grill 6 minutes, turning once, or until brown around edges. Transfer to platter.
4. Grill bread 1 minute on each side. Rub garlic halves over toast slices. Spread yogurt mixture on toast slices, and top with grilled romaine halves. Shave Parmesan curls over top.
- Calories 208
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 10 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 487 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g