Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Grilling components of this this corn, nectarine, and burrata salad gives it a smoky element that pairs beautifully with the sweet-tart flavors and creamy textures. Substitute a peach if nectarines are not available. For a vegan alternative, try seeking out dairy-free burrata (it exists!) or just go with your favorite vegan mozzarella.
Grilled Corn, Nectarine, and Burrata Salad
1. Preheat a greased grill or grill pan (with lid) to medium-high. Brush corn with one-quarter of the oil. Place corn and onions on grill, cover and grill until onions are charred on one side, about 3 minutes. Transfer onions to a cutting board. Rotate corn and continue to grill until kernels are bright yellow and charred in places, about 10 minutes more.
2. Chop onions and transfer to a platter. Hold a corn cob vertical to a cutting board and slice kernels off with a sharp knife. Repeat with remaining corn and add to platter with onions. Discard cobs.
3. To platter, add tomatoes, burrata, nectarine, basil, vinegar, salt and pepper and toss. Let salad stand for 10 minutes. Drizzle with remaining three-quarters of the oil and toss to combine.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 241
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 19 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 203 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g