Tender grilled eggplant is delicious with herbs and olive oil.
- 2/3 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds, divided
- 2 Persian cucumbers, diced (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 Tbs. chopped mint leaves
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 7 oz. low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped Persian cucumber
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 Tbs. white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 small Italian eggplants, each cut on the bias into 6 slices
1. To make Salad: Bring 1 cup water to boil in small saucepan. Stir in couscous. Cover pan, remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl, and cool 10 minutes.
2. Stir 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds and remaining ingredients into couscous, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Chill 1 hour, or overnight.
3. To make Dressing: purée all ingredients in blender until smooth.
4. To make Eggplant: Preheat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Whisk together oil and mint in small bowl. Brush eggplant slices with mint oil, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Grill slices 4 minutes per side, or until tender and nicely grill-marked.
5. Divide Salad among plates. Top each serving with 3 eggplant slices, 1 Tbs. remaining pomegranate seeds, and 2 Tbs. Dressing. Serve remaining Dressing on side.
- Calories: 259
- Carbohydrate Content: 40 g
- Cholesterol Content: 2 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 19 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g