Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Tender grilled eggplant is delicious with herbs and olive oil.
1. To make Salad: Bring 1 cup water to boil in small saucepan. Stir in couscous. Cover pan, remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl, and cool 10 minutes.
2. Stir 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds and remaining ingredients into couscous, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Chill 1 hour, or overnight.
3. To make Dressing: purée all ingredients in blender until smooth.
4. To make Eggplant: Preheat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Whisk together oil and mint in small bowl. Brush eggplant slices with mint oil, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Grill slices 4 minutes per side, or until tender and nicely grill-marked.
5. Divide Salad among plates. Top each serving with 3 eggplant slices, 1 Tbs. remaining pomegranate seeds, and 2 Tbs. Dressing. Serve remaining Dressing on side.
- Calories 259
- Carbohydrate Content 40 g
- Cholesterol Content 2 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 19 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g