Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
The sauce duo gives this dish an elegant burst of contrasting color, but you could keep it easy and whip up just one sauce—you’ll still have plenty for dipping.
To make Aioli:
1. Chop garlic on cutting board; add salt, and mash into fine paste with side of knife. Whisk together garlic and oil in small bowl. Whisk in mayonnaise.
To make Smoky Red Pepper Purée:
2. Purée peppers, agave nectar, oil, and paprika in blender or food processor until smooth, adding 2 to 3 Tbs. water, if needed, to obtain desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
To make Grilled Asparagus:
3. Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Toss asparagus with oil in large bowl. Sprinkle with salt, if desired. Grill asparagus 4 to 8 minutes, or until lightly browned and soft, turning once.
4. Arrange asparagus on platter, and garnish with lemon wedges and a drizzle of Aioli and Smoky Red Pepper Purée. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Calories 257
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 21 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 432 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g