A few minutes on the grill gives mangoes a rich, creamy texture without overcooking them to mush. This recipe can also be made with plums, peaches, nectarines, or pineapple.
- 1 large mango, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 cup coconut or vanilla ice cream
- 2 Tbs. chopped candied ginger
Sprinkle mango slices with allspice, and place on grill. Close, and cook on high heat 5 to 7 minutes, or until grill marks appear on fruit. Transfer to serving bowls. Top each serving with 1/2 cup ice cream and 1 Tbs. candied ginger.
- Calories: 280
- Carbohydrate Content: 45 g
- Cholesterol Content: 35 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 56 mg
- Sugar Content: 35 g