The play of temperatures and textures, plus the surprise addition of tomatoes, gives this simple salad extra flavor.
- 1 pt. fresh raspberries, divided
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 11/2 Tbs. agave nectar
- 1 Tbs. grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh mint, plus more for garnish
- 8 firm, ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 4 tsp. vegetable oil, plus more for grill or grill pan
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small or 1 large heirloom tomato, cut into wedges (2 cups)
- 2/3 cup toasted pecan halves (2 oz.)
1 | Mash 1 cup raspberries with fork in bowl. Stir in lemon juice, agave nectar, lemon zest, and mint. Set aside.
2 | Brush cut sides of peaches with oil. Combine sugar, cinnamon, and pepper in bowl; sprinkle cut side of peaches with sugar mixture. Set aside.
3 | Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
4 | Lightly grease grill plates. Place peaches cut side down on grill or grill pan. Grill 3 to 5 minutes, or until grill marks appear and peaches are tender.
5 | Divide peaches, tomato wedges, and remaining 1 cup raspberries among serving plates. Serve topped with raspberry sauce, pecans, and chopped mint.
- Calories: 176
- Carbohydrate Content: 25 g
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 2 mg
- Sugar Content: 19 g